Finding Aphrodites Themed Hotel
We are easily found and in a prominent position, any problems please ring reception and we will guide you to us.
From the M6 motorway North or South
- Leave the M6 at junction 36
- Travel along the A590 bypassing Kendal
- Turn off the A591 at Windermere (tourist information centre on your left)
- Travel down through Windermere village on the 1 way system to New Lake Road in the direction of Bowness
- Drive through the village and follow the road left towards Bowness Bay
- Drive past the Steamers and jetties following the road until it branches for Kendal
- You are now on Longtail Hill, about two thirds of the way up Aphrodites is on the left
Coming from Scotland or North of the Lakes (a more scenic route off the M6)
- Take junction 40 off the M6
- Travel along the A66 in the direction of Keswick
- Turn left onto the A592 for approximately 1 mile to Pooley Bridge
- Travel along the beautiful scenic route to Windermere via Ullswater Lake and Kirkstone Pass, a narrow road but well worth it for the view
Coming by train
- Windermere station is only 10 minutes from the lodge by taxi
- Our nearest regional airports are Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle
Position of Aphrodites Themed Hotel
The Lodge is in a near perfect position situated in a quiet area just a few minutes walk down to the shores of Lake Windermere or alternatively to the Marina where you can sit in an idyllic position viewing the lake and boats from the comfort of the Spinnaker Bistro.
From here you are only a few minutes stroll to Bowness Bay and village, deemed the very heart of the Lake District with it the excellent choice of steamers and various pleasure craft, trendy bars, real ale pubs and a huge variety of restaurants including fine dining, a theatre and 3 cinemas.
Alternatively within a few minutes walk from the grounds of Aphrodites Themed Lodge their are a choice of 4 restaurants some of which have proven popular with regular clients.